10 x 32 binoculars - model JUM1040
1 carrying case
1 carrying strap
1 microfiber cleaning cloth
1 user's guide
Adjusting the inter pupillary distance
The distance between the eyes, called "inter pupillary distance", varies from one person to another.
To have a comfortable observation experience, the distance between the centers of the eyepieces should be set as close as your inter pupillary distance as possible.
Hold your binoculars in the normal viewing position. Grasp each barrel firmly. Move the barrels closer together or further apart until you see a single circular field. Always re-set your binoculars in this position before using them.
- Select an object you are going to observe.
- Close your right eye and sight the selected object with your left eye. Focus the binoculars by rotating the center focus knob until the image is sharp and clear.
- Open your right eye and close your left eye. Sight the selected object with your right eye and rotate the diopter ring until the image is sharp and clear. Note the setting of the diopter scale for later use.
- Your binoculars should now be adjusted for your eyes. Focusing any distance can now be done simply by turning the center focus knob.
Viewing with or without glasses
Your binoculars are fitted with soft and retractable eyecups designed for your comfort and to exclude extraneous light.
- For users without glasses: twist the eyecups up, rotating the eyecups counter-clockwise until they lock into the fully "up" position.
- For users with glasses: make sure the eyecups are in the down position. This will bring your eyes closer to the binoculars lenses, allowing you to see the full field of view. To bring the eyecups down, rotate them clockwise until they lock into the fully "down" position.
- The included washable microfiber cleaning cloth is ideal for the routine cleaning of the optics. Breathe lightly on the lens to provide a slight amount of moisture, then gently rub with the mibrofiber cloth in a circular motion.
- For a more thorough cleaning, photographic lens tissue and photographic-type cleaning fluid or isopropyl alcohol may be used. Always apply the fluid on the cleaning cloth - never directly on the lens.
- Use of a coarse cloth or unnecessary rubbing may scratch the lenses surface and eventually cause permanent damage.
- Never attempt to clean your binoculars internally.